Just an update as I have had to switch the time of the Coder Dojo event on Saturday to 10.30am, due to the library room being booked in the afternoon. I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience.
I have been configuring some PC computers and laptops with Linux and the software we need for the exercises (Scratch, Python, PyCharm etc) so there will hopefully be a little less pressure this time round. I will also be working on ensuring the Raspberry Pi boards are ready to go as well.
We will also have more mentors this time with Eddie, Jillian and Jordan volunteering their time.
What to Bring
- Yourself and most importantly a parent/guardian if you are aged under 14.
- You can bring your own laptop if you have one but we will also have computers available to use.
- Your Library Card: So you can connect to the Library Wifi. If you are not a member of the library please join as library opening hours are under threat.
- For AppInventor:
- Android phone/tablet: If you have an android phone or tablet in the house feel free to bring it along to use with the AppInventor exercises. Additionally you may also want to install the ‘ES File Explorer’ app from the Play Store. If you don’t have an android device don’t worry as I will have one or two with me.
- Google account: You will need a gmail address and your gmail password to use AppInventor.
- USB Pen Drive: Not essential but if you have a spare USB disk you could use it to copy software and exercises on the day
If you would like to configure your own computer to take part (and if you have time) you could consider:
- Download and Install Python using Anaconda
- Download and Install PyCharm IDE
- Download and Install Scratch Offline Editor
More Help & Useful Links